5/30/2012

Just Surrender/The Loved Ones/Isles and Glaciers

I decided I'd talk about  bands from my youth, showcasing punk/alternative bands that I listened to in high school and a band that fits right in with that same style of music. When I was younger all I'd listen to was punk-type music.
The bands Just Surrender and The Loved Ones were both bands that had super catchy rock songs which Id often rock out too. Both bands have a very similar sound, pure rock....nothing flashy about it.
Just Surrender have dual vocalists who work well off each other, one with the harsher more rugged voice and the other sounding more poppy. The Loved Ones sound a bit more raw with their sound yet still maintain a poppy feel.

The third band is Isles and Glaciers, a newer band I found last year. They are a supergroup consisting of members from Chiodos, Boys Night Out, Emarosa, and The Receiving end of Sirens among other groups. The dual vocal combo of Craig Owens (Chiodos) and Johnny Craig (Emarosa) is excellent. Owens has an extremely unique high-pitched voice while Craig  bluesy/sould vibe mixed with rock sounds excellent.
All three tracks are awesome.







-Adam G

No comments:

Post a Comment