6/12/2012

Machine Gun Kelly: Man I'm So Cleveland It's a God Damn Shame

For some reason, this past year I've really opened up to rap a lot more. One of these rappers that got me started was Machine Gun Kelly. MGK is Cleveland, where I'm from as well. He wears it on his sleeve...literally. He has the I-71 highway's logo tattooed on his shoulder. He knows how to represent his hometown.  

Not only because he's a fellow Clevelander am I into his music, but hes really good as well. With his quick style, and being completely honest and open with his lyrics you get a strongfeel for who MGK is. His songs have been quickly rising and gaining popularity. This past April MGK performed his song "Invincible" for the main event at the WWE pay-per-view Wrestlemania 28.

Having signed with Diddy and Bad Boy records MGK's album Lace Up is set to release sometime this summer. I've read that he says his debut album will be like 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Trying (2003). Just so everyone knows what that means, Get Rich or Die Trying sold 8 million copies in the US, making it the fourth best selling album in the US. Pretty ballsy claim to make, but he just may be that good. 






 - Adam G

No comments:

Post a Comment