3/22/2012

City And Colour: What Makes A Man

Dallas Green, the man who goes by City and Colour (do you get the band name?) has been in the rock scene for quite some time. Initially breaking in and dominating Canadian rock charts as the melodic voice in the hard rock band Alexisonfire. Green has recently decided to break apart from his band mates and put his full musical attention towards his solo project, City and Colour. 

I came across City and Colour about a year ago, when I would do my very often "random band findings" through Youtube. I first came across the song Comin' Home off the album Sometimes. What initially drew me into City and Colour was Green's sensational singing voice. I really do believe he is one of the best rock singers out there. He has the making to be the classic "singer-songwriter" style but he's so much more. You can really feel the emotions when he sings, from happiness and joy to sadness and pain.

Comin' Home was a great first song to listen to, but once I ventured into his other songs I knew I was onto something special. Soon after, I fell in love with the song Sleeping Sickness, and from here onward City and Colour jumped into my 'pantheon" of musicians, which is no easy task. Many bands have come and gone from my Top 5 list, but let me tell you, City and Colour is here to stay.

Here are a few more of my top songs from City and Colour, give them a listen, you definitely won't regret it!





  
-Adam G

No comments:

Post a Comment