3/27/2012

Of Monsters And Men: My Head is an Animal

If you're looking for a six piece folk/indie pop band from Iceland with an accordion player, you've come to the right place. Of Monsters and Men who hail from Reykjavik, Iceland released there first album in 2011 and have carried the success they've had in Iceland to the US. Their first single Little Talks gives the listener a great feel of what they're in store for.


I came across Of Monsters a few months ago in some link someone posted on my Facebook about up and coming artists. After giving them a listen I thought, "Hey, they sound pretty cool and a lot like Mumford and Sons, but sadly that was were my exposure to Of Monsters ended. Though a couple weeks later a friend told me he came across a new band, Of Monsters and Men. Once I had this second opportunity with them I figured it was a sign to give them a longer listening, and I did. I still saw the similarities with Mumford but they lead things in a slightly different direction. Not only is it that they have a female singer, but they in fact have two main singers, and of course, the accordion. 


Of Monsters and Men's debut album "My Head Is An Animal" is a very solid listen which I recommend to anyone who's a fan of indie/folk and accordions.





-Adam G



<script type="text/javascript">

  var _gaq = _gaq || [];
  _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30231455-1']);
  _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

  (function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
  })();

</script>  

No comments:

Post a Comment